Peter Pan Lantern

 
I'm pretty excited about today's project - even though it's not a Christmas themed project.  GASP
 
I saw a couple of lanterns being posted in one of my Facebook groups and I thought they were pretty cool so when Hobby Lobby had them on sale for 50% off a couple weeks ago I decided to pick up a couple of them to play with.  At first I couldn't decide what I wanted to do and I darn near returned the lanterns for a refund. 
 
 
 
But then an idea struck me.  So I  started searching for files in my groups and was fortunate to come across a couple that saved me some time. But I still needed more, so off I went searching for  images on the internet that I could trace.  Needless to say, the more I use my Silhouette Cameo the more in love with it I become.  This machine is one of the best presents my husband has surprised me with!!  
 
 
 
To create my lantern I removed each of the panes, wiped them down on both sides with rubbing alcohol and allowed them to dry.  I then cut my vinyl to fit my panes and adhered.  After that I sprayed the side with vinyl with a frosted glass spray paint.  Once that side was dry and cured I turned the panes over and painted the inside and allowed to dry/cure.  I then installed the panes back into the lantern with the vinyl facing outward (no different than the glass blocks).
 
 
 
Add a flameless candle and viola.
 
Now I'm off to enter my project into the following challenge:
 
Die Cuttin Divas - Anything 3D - Ends Sunday, July 24th
 
DL Art - July Linky Challenge - Ends Sunday, July 31st

 

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, wow!!!!! So cool! Love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!!!

Scrapper69 said...

The ornaments for the military are still my favorite.. but this is a close second! I just LOVE it! The images are fantastic and It really is cool! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations


CA Scrapper said...

WOW!!! That is gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

katieo said...

LOVE this idea. You completely transformed a lantern. Great job. I love the Peter Pan theme. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday July Linky Challenge.Katie-DTMember

Lisa :) said...

SO amazing!!!! Love the Neverland theme!!!!

Busy Bucharoo said...

I saw this over at Die Cutting Diva's and had to stop by to tell you how neat I think this is. Peter Pan is my favorite story. It is adorable!