Dynamic Duo Gift Set

 
Happy Sunday everyone.  Today I'd like to share a gift set I put together using both my Cricut Explore and my new Silhouette Cameo.  My oldest son is a huge Batman fan and I thought of him when I saw this Dynamic Duo file over at Too Cute by Jessica.
 
To create this set I used not only the flying Batboy, Robin and building but I also used one of the gable boxes I found in the Silhouette store.  I was very fortunate to still have a few sheets left of this comic scene paper I purchased a couple years ago as it is the perfect back drop for these characters.  This is paper that was put out by EK Success and I really need to see if I can find more of it somewhere.
 
The stamped sentiment on the outside of my card is from the Jaded Blossom stamp set titled Super Hero. 
 
 
On the inside of my card, if you look down at the door I have another sentiment.  This one is from the Craftin Desert Divas stamp set titled Teenage.  Of course I'm certain that I used this particular reference incorrectly as my children so often tell me I do, but that's okay because I thought it was fitting given the situation. 
 
And now I think I'll go enter this into the following challenge:
 
Freestyle (Anything but Christmas) - Hiding in My Craft Room - Ends January 3rd

3 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG Your gift set is Fab, Fun and ever so clever and out of bounds creative!!
I just love it!!! Girl you so did one outstanding job!!! He is so going to love it!! What a Super Mom you are!!
YOU so ROCK!!

SugarShine Designs said...


As a mom of a boy, I love your card! It's not always easy to do something for a young boy that they can totally relate to. My name is Janet, and I'm a newer blogger who is trying really hard to grow my blog. I have some BLOG CANDY and would really appreciate having you stop by to follow me and enter to win my blog candy. Thanks so much. I hope to see you soon! Here is the link:

http://www.sugarshinedesigns.blogspot.com/search/label/BlogCandy

LauraEva said...

That is too cut! you did an amazing job. Thanks for joining us over on the HIMCR !