You're a Mean One.....



 
I have to admit it.  Other than Rudolph and the Miser Brothers the Grinch is my all-time favorite Christmas character.  So as I had some free time I decided to create a Christmas shadowbox that was inspired by this T-Shirt I saw when I was at Universal Studios last month. 
 
 
And it all comes just in time for some great challenges that end this week as well.  (But more about those later.)  First let me tell you how I created my shadowbox.  I started with an 11 x 14 frame that I picked up from Michaels.  Then using Excel I created the line-up back drop on an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of white cardstock.
 
The Grinch cut out is from the Krafty Nook and the Ornament in the Grinch's hand is from the Cricut cartridge Simply Charmed.
 
To create the mugshot placard I simply cut a piece of black cardstock and had my Cricut Explore write the verbiage.  The Grinch and Who-ville Police Dept. verbiage I cut out from vinyl and adhered to the outside of the glass.  The font used in both cases is called Grinched and I downloaded it from dafont.com.
 
And now I'm going to enter this shadowbox into the following challenges:
 
Christmas Carol Inspired - Die Cuttin' Divas - Ends December 21st
     not necessarily a "carol" but it is one of my favorite Christmas songs....
 
 

 
 
Christmas Ornament Challenge - Bitten by the Bug 2 - Ends December 21st
 
Anything Goes - Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Ends December 21st
 
December Linky Challenge - DL Art - Ends December 31st

Elf,  (project inspired by the holiday season) - Red Carpet Studios - Ends December 31st

16 comments:

Brenda said...

OMGosh, this is amazing!!! I love your shadow box frame of the Grinch's mug shot! lol Too dang cute, and he was caught red handed with the ornament right in his hand! lol I love it! Thanks for joining us at BBTB2 ;-)

Cherished said...

Amazing! Great Image. Thanks for playing at RCS.

DIANA L. said...

Great Shadow box. Love that grinch
Thank you for joining my DL.ART DECEMBER LINKY CHALLENGE, Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
Merry Christmas
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



CA Scrapper said...

I love your project! Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week.

Leslie

Michelle N. said...

This is awesome-love the mug shot! Thanks for joining us at FCCB Anything Goes challenge this week!

Sharon said...

This is awesomeness for sure Barbara!!!! I so love your shadowbox and Grinch!!! WOWZERS!!!!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Ornament' challenge at BBTB2!!!! :)

Brandy said...

Your shadowbox is amazing! I absolutely LOVE it! Very creative! :)

Caroline said...

Great job on this shdow box. I just love your idea with the Grinch. He sure has attitude. I love all your special touches. Thanks for joining us at BBTB2.

Scrapping Girl said...

I love the grinch too-I faithfully watch it every year at Christmas! Love this project-very creative and cool! Thanks for playing along with our BBTB2 challenge this week too!
:)
Michelle

moknowsall said...

Wow - All the details are fabulous. I love your version way better than the tshirt. I want to make this too as I too, love Grinch.

..... and his heart grew 2 sizes that day.....

thanks for joining BBTB

Maureen

Georgiana said...

Loving the Grinch! Thanks for joining our “Christmas Carol Inspired” Challenge this week at Die Cuttin’ Divas.

Happy Holidays,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Die Cuttin’ Diva DT

Wyvern said...

Freaking awesome! I love how you transformed your inspiration to a shadowbox. It looks great! Thanks for sharing it over at Red Carpet Studios!
Angela

Nadine Carlier said...

That is sooo awesome! I want one. Thank you for sharing it with us at Red Carpet Studio!
Nadine - My Scrap n' Stuff

Anonymous said...

Totally fun! Who doesn't love the Grinch! Great job!
Thanks for joining us at Red Carpet Studio and hope to see you again.
Tammy DT

Anonymous said...

THIS.IS.AWESOME! I never thought of the Grinch having to be in a police line up for all his mischief in Who-Ville! I LOVE THIS CARD! Thank you for playing along with us at RCS!

Leslie said...

this is awesome!