I'm So Fly Night Light

Happy Wednesday crafty friends.  I had a day of PTO that had to get used before I lost it so yesterday I took the day off from work.  And what better way to spend a day off than sitting in my craft room with no interruptions (everyone else was at work while I played).
 
After months of trying to find these switch operated night lights at the Dollar Tree I finally found them in one of my local stores.  Much to my hubby's chagrin I bought a dozen or so.  But hey, they're only a dollar - right?  And for this obsessed crafter it doesn't get much better - well unless it's free.  LOL 
 
With night lights in hand I tried to decide what I wanted to create with them, and it really didn't take that long to decide.  There were a couple projects I remember seeing in the past and I knew they were ideal for these night lights.  But then another idea struck me.  Lately I've been seeing these "I'm so fly I Neverland" t-shirts.  Well I don't have a heat press - YET - so I can't make shirts but surely I can take that inspiration and turn it into a night light.  And that's just what I did.
 
I took a few pieces from different files for my silhouettes and stars.  The verbiage is just a regular font installed with Microsoft Office called Cooper Black. 
 
Using scraps of vinyl I cut everything to size and then just adhere to night light and viola.  Now we have a fun night light.
 
Now I'm off to enter my night light in the following challenges:
 
DL Art - September Linky Challenge - Ends September 30th
 
Hiding in My Craft Room - Super Scraps Saturday - Ends September 17th

2 comments:

katieo said...

Fabulous project. I love the sentiment. These would make great inexpensive gifts. Your husband should be happy at all the money you are saving. Thats what I tell mine when I find a great deal. Thank you for joining the DL.ART Thankful Thursday Challenge. Katie-DT Member

Scrapper69 said...

Well.... the $ store... Hummm.... I guess I'll be stalking mine to see if they have them too! That is cute and I've never seen a switch night light... The sentiment is fun & Cool and I love the peter pan images! Have a great day! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations