"Fish"ing you a Happy Birthday


I was playing around with the Animal Kingdom cartridge the other day and noticed that it had cutout for a fishbowl and fish. So I mulled around the idea of cutting them out or not.

Well as you can see I decided to do so and here is what I did with them....

I cut the fishbowl out of white cardstock and inked all the edges in blue. After cutting the fish, "water", and plant I put them all together and inked each piece as well. Once placed in the bowl I realized that something was missing......the little colored pebbles in the bottom of the bowl. So I smeared some glue along the bottom and sprinkled with Martha Stewart glitters in Peridot and Sunstone. Once the glitter was set I then applied a coating of Inkssential Glossy accent so that my fishbowl would have the finished look (and feel) of being a real fish bowl.

Problem is, the photo didn't let it all show through.....

1 comments:

Jackie said...

I am new to the card making. What does inking consist of? Also what are some of the card magazines you get for your ideas. I have been looking at your blog for a while and I think you do really cute stuff. You can email me.