Cauldron Treats

I haven't been able to get much paper crafting done the past few days as I've been busy with my loom knitting in preparation for my first craft show in a couple of weeks.  However, I did take some time today to put together this cauldron treat holder from SVG Cuts. 
 
I was amazed at how big this cauldron was once it was completed and it's sturdier than I expected too.  I love the way it all came together.  It was easy to do and I enjoyed trying to decide what folders to use for the embossing on my panels.  In all I used four different ones.
 
For my candies I admit I didn't wrap and pretty up all of them - nor did I have enough to actually fill my cauldron.  (Remember, I said it was larger than I expected.)  But I did decorate up a couple handfuls of various candies.  For this I used scraps of paper from one of my Recollections Halloween mat stacks.  I love this particular pack of paper and I am going to be very sad when it's all gone.  I love the prints and colors - not too cutesy but not too creepy either. 
 
On my wrappers you'll notice a couple of bats and pumpkins.  The bats are from the Cricut cartridge Happy Hauntings and the pumpkins are from Designer's Calendar.  The stamped sentiments are from three different sets by Jaded Blossom:  Halloween Candies 2 and Spooky Labels.
 
The label on the front of my cauldron is a mini tag from yet another mat stack - Recollections Journal Tags.  The sentiment on my tag is also from Jaded Blossom - this time using the Pick Your Poison set.  And those black 'dots' on each side of my tag.  Those are skittles from the Back to School set by DoubleClick Connections.
 
And now I'm off to enter this project in to the following challenges:
 
Jaded Blossom - Any Treat - Ends September 21
 
Fantabulous Cricut Challenge - Mix and Match 3 patterned paper (used for my candy wrappers/decorations) - Ends September 14
 
Hiding in My Craft Room - Think Fall, use Fall Colors - Ends September 13

17 comments:

Tina H said...

Wow! This is very cool and it is big! I love how you did the embossing! This really came out nice I can't wait to try this file :)

DIANA L. said...

Cute and not tooo spooky!
Thank you for joining FCC “Patterned paper” challenge this week. Have a blessed day
DIANA L. DT member for FCC
dianamlarson.blogspot.com
http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

Nana said...

You did a fabulous job. I love the embossing. Filled with candy YUMMY!
Have a creative day.

Hugs Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ Nana's Rag Quilts ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Karla Yungwirth said...

Wow, great project!! Love all the details you added :) Thanks so much for joining us at FCCB!

Samantha A. said...

This is adorable!! These treat sure do look yummy!

Thanks for sharing at Hiding in my Craftroom!

-Samantha
HIMCR DT
Clear it Out DT
Designs by Sammy

L.B. said...

This is a great project very much like the embossing on the outside

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

Like the 3D Cauldron. Wonderful Halloween Treat Holder. Especially like the embossed panels. Cannot go wrong with Reeses Cups. Thank you for entering Fantabulous Cricut Mix & Match 3 Different Pattern Papers.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
Fantabulous Cricut Guest Designer

GiGi said...

This is fantastic! I love how you framed that fun sentiment and did up all the candy! Thanks for playing along at Jaded Blossom!

Crystal said...

Great treat holder! I love all the Jaded Blossom products! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom Challenge this month!

Jenscrapstoo said...

Such a great project, love the embossing on this too!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo

Melissa said...

Fantastic! Thanks for joining Jaded Blossom's Challenge this month.

Crafting on Caffeine said...

I just love this Cauldron and the treats inside are great! Thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom Create Any Treat Challenge.

Michelle said...

so super cute !!! love the embossing on the cauldron ! thanks so much for linking up to our Jaded Blossom challenge this month !!
Michelle ~ JB Owner
www.scrappinwithmybug.com

Jamie said...

So cool! Thanks for playing along in the challenge!

Candace Pelfrey said...

WOW! I love this and the embossing is fabulous! Thanks so much for joining us over at Jaded Blossom for the Monthly Challenge :)
~Candace
JB Owner

Trixie said...

This is just amazing!!! LOVE LOVE!! thanks for joining the Jaded Blossom Monthly Challenge.

BugBites said...

Great project. The treats look fantastic in it. TFS with us at jaded blossom