Thirsty?

After being inspired by this project at Scrappin with my Bug I knew I had to scraplift and try some myself to use as 'gifts' this Halloween season.  My first I gave yesterday to a co-worker who hosts a blood drive at our office every 4 to 6 months. 
 
I wanted it all to be a surprise so rather than handing the gift to her I placed it in her mail cubicle to find at some point during the day. (We also have a secret pal gift exchange going on at work so I kinda played on that too - even though she's not my secret pal)  She told me that when she first looked at it she wondered what in the world because it looked so real.  But once she realized what it was and read the card she loved it.
 
Now Michelle over at Scrapping with my Bug used a new set of dies that were recently released by Jaded Blossom.  Since I don't own those I used other things that I do have......like my MS drippy goo punch and my Happy Hauntings cartridge from Cricut for the potion bottle.  I ungrouped the cuts and used the bottom and top layers hiding the necessary contours for the look I wanted.  I then used my stamp from the Jaded Blossom Spooky Labels stamp set.
 
My card was made using the vampire squaredy cat from SVG Cutting Files.  They have a whole line of these guys and take about easy to put together.  For the stamped sentiment on my card I used the PKSC-32 August 2014 Halloween set.
 
And finally the gift box.  Believe it or not this was an SVG cut file as well.  This one I found over at Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbon.  It's the gift box with window file.  I cut it out of chipboard and then came back and cut it out of cardstock so I could cover up the chipboard.  For the window I used one of the old mat covers from a used cricut cutting mat.
 
Put it all together and you have one unique gift.
 
 

4 comments:

GiGi said...

This is SUPER SUPER cool! Love that cute SC and how you did the sentiment banner. The blood bag inside the box is just awesome! Super spooky cool! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen!

Saundra said...

What a fun gift idea! Love it! Thanks for joining us at Peachy Keen Stamps!!

jessica said...

This is such a fun and totally spooky project!
Great take on the sketch too!
Thanks for sharing and playing along with Peachy Keen Stamps!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

this is spooktacular! thanks for joining the PKS challenge!