Celebrating Heroes Gift Tin

Today I'm giving you a two 'fer since I had not had time to post this project earlier this week.  I've had several tins sitting on my shelf waiting for me to do something with them for a while now, and so I decided to actually do something.

This was the last of my paint can tins and I opted to turn it into a gift tin for a military hero.  My dad is retired from the Air Force and we still live within a few miles of the base so I am surrounded by some awesome men and women - thus my theme choice.



For this tin I used one of the July 4th themed pages from the Tim Holtz seasonal mat stack.  I also used cuts from the Stand and Salute cartridge.  My flag was cut twice - once flipped so that I could have the crossed flags.  And of course I couldn't create a military theme without dog tags so I cut one of those as well.  My original intent was to use the cut in conjunction with the flags, but I didn't pay attention to my sizes and it was just too big.



The stickers I used were some that I had leftover after creating some scrapbook pages I did of my Dad's early military career when he was in Vietnam.  I was happy to see just how nicely the circle one fit for the top of my can and couldn't have planned it better if I had tried. 

2 comments:

Jeri said...

Oh, that pumpkin card has always been one of my favorite cuts from the Wild Card cartridge. Nice job, Barbara.

Scrapper69 said...

Oh wow! This seriously looks AMAZING... You've made a wonderful project! :o)