Squirreling Acorns

I love Saturday mornings.  Even though it's my day off I still wake up early and everyone else generally stays in bed for a couple of hours giving me time to enjoy a cup or two of coffee and some quite crafting time.  This morning I was able to get a couple of cards put together for upcoming challenges.

In the meantime, I wanted to share with you another project I created for the Create a Critter 2 sneak peek contest Cricut was running last week.  There were a lot of awesome projects entered into the contest and they're supposed to announce the winner/s on Monday and I can't wait to see who's picked.

This project is a Fall home decor project and because of the mat size with this frame I created my picture just like I would for a card.  The opening measures 5 x 7 so I of course started with a background piece of cardstock on which to build my picture.

Using a paper trimmer, I cut two rectangles - brown 4 x 3 1/2" and red 3 3/4 x 3 1/4" and then two squares brown 3 1/2" and green 3 1/4".  The red and green squares I embossed using the swiss dots folder and inked all edges.

From Accent Essentials I cut what started as a scalloped circle but ended up as a scalloped rectangle.  I made two different sized cuts so that one would mat the other while allowing enough room for my squirrel to be framed.

From Create a Critter 2 I cut the pilgrim squirrel at 2" and three acorns at 1".  While putting the picture together I decided to see if I had wiggle eyes that would 'fit' the squirrel's face while adding to the cute factor, and I think these were successful.

Other than that it was placing the picture in the mat, putting on the back and standing my new picture up on the table for display.

0 comments: