Fishing Father's Day

I hope that all of you had a fabulous weekend like I did.  Saturday morning I ran my last mud run for a while (doctor recommended), but I was blessed to finish like I started - running with one of my children.  Sunday started as a very wet and rainy day with thunderstorms so I spent most of the day crafting and catching up on housework......when I wasn't painting in my new craft room.  Now I know what you're thinking, why would I paint when it's raining because it'll take longer to dry.  Well, my painting was really more of a sponging.  You see I'm changing the accent wall in the room into a faux brick wall.  After 2 1/2 hours layer one is complete.
 
So while I was working on that I was painting another floating book shelf for my room which I'll share later along with some other goodies.  Today though I have a Father's Day card to share with you.
 
This is a card that I made for my dad who loves to fish.  I made this one using the Fishing With Dad file from Marjorie Ann Designs.  I had some fun with this file last year too when I made a shaker card that you can find here.  If you have a fisherman in your life this is a must have file.
 
The stamped sentiment on my card is from the Cardz TV Stamps set titled You're the Man.
 
And now I'm off to enter my card into the following challenge:
 
Hiding in My Craft Room - Masculine - Ends May 27th

2 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Congrats on finishing your Mud Run! YAY for you! And wow sounds like you had a busy weekend! I thinking painting takes to long... so I avoid doing it! hahaha LOVE your Father's Day card.. the fisherman looks awesome... your dad will love it! Hope you have a great week! I just gotta get through the next 3 days of work before I get my Summer Break... It'll be a small break... but a break none the less... :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Jenscrapstoo said...

Wonderful card, Thanks for sharing your talent!!
Thanks for joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo