Monogrammed Beach Hat

Before I begin today's post let me just say - I hate monograms.  I don't know why, but I am personally not a fan.
 
With that said, my daughter came to me last week and asked me to monogram my granddaughter's beach hat.  Of course I had to do it.  It was for my granddaughter. 
 
My daughter brought the hat and for a few days it sat off to the side, waiting for me to get in the mood to set up my machine for a monogram.  And then I remembered, I didn't own a single font for use with monogramming.  Sure I had couple of fonts, but as I have learned there's a difference in plain 'ol fonts and monogram fonts.
 
So off I went in search of a good monogram font.  That's when I came across the Interlaced Monogram font over at Applique Corner.  I thought it was a pretty font and would be good for use on the beach hat so I purchased it and off I went.
 
Everything was quick and easy to set up, and it stitched out fine.  I had a bit of puckering which I hate but we'll chalk this one up to a learning experience.  My daughter loved it and that's what counts in the end.  And I have a feeling this won't be the last of my monogram's.
 
Monogram - 1
 
Me - 0

1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Hahaha... How funny that you don't like Monograms but yet you had to do it for that adorable Grand baby of yours... Too CUTE! The hat turned out wonderful... Better get some more practice in before the next request! :) Have a great day!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations