Santa Gift Jars


So this week I thought we'd do something a little bit different.  I thought I'd "showcase" another craft that I enjoy doing but don't really show and tell as much as I do with my papercrafting.  Some of you may have heard about it and some of you may even enjoy playing with it yourselves.  It's called plastic canvas and I've been doing this stuff off and on since I was about 20.

It's not as 'popular' a craft nowadays but it is still around.  However, the vast majority of projects I create are from patterns that were published in the 80's and 90's when the craft was at its height of popularity. 

This particular project is one that I used to make a lot of back in the day.  It was always a popular seller and I enjoy making them.  The only drawback is that this is made with the smaller 10 mesh canvas and that means it's more intricate and daunting for my poor eyesight.  Somehow I muddle through and get them done though.

This pattern is from the Leisure Arts #1541 (book three) titled Deck The Halls in Plastic Canvas published in 1994.

1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Those lids looks awesome! My MIL does it... she loves making things with the plastic canvas'... She's even made wallets, coasters, and sooo many other things over the years! :) Your Santa's look great! :)

Theresa