Rock Painting

So I thought I'd try something new - again.  Over the past few months I've noticed a growing trend in painting rocks.  First it was just in my FB group Universal Studios Annual Passholders.  But then one of my friends started sharing pictures almost daily. 

And then my son and I each found a rock.  Well that meant I had to join some group on FB so that I could post pictures letting the painter know that we found them.

Being in that group meant that I had to start checking out pictures on Pintrest.  That lead to my husband and I both being on the lookout for rocks that I could paint.

Are you seeing how this all "snowballed"?  😀


Seriously though.  I just decided one day to start playing around and paint a couple of rocks to see how I'd like it.  Of course they looked like a child painted them.  After all I am not a painter.  But I still hid them and started painting my next set.  To this day I don't know if those first ones were ever found.  All I can do is imagine someone without a computer or FB did find them and are enjoying them somewhere.

Since my first attempt at painting rocks I've bought new brushes and paints.  I hear some people use markers and sharpies but if I'm going to paint a rock I'd rather just 'paint' it.  I've improved a little but really it's about having fun.  It's been a great new outlet just sitting there thinking about nothing but painting that silly rock that someone will hopefully enjoy.

How about you?  Have you tried painting and hiding rocks yet? 


1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

LOL... crazy how thing just snowball from a simple rock! LOL I have to say though... the ones you've made are pretty cool! I wouldn't mind finding some like that! :) Hope you have a great weekend!



Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations