Snowballs in August?

I thought I'd venture out and try something new again.  I mean, why not?  Especially since I've toyed with trying this for some time now. 

Several years ago when I bought my first embroidery machine I came across a pattern for creating Snowman Snowballs.  The Embroidery Garden is the company that sells them and I first heard about them when I purchased a copy of Designs in Machine Embroidery back in December of 2012.  In that magazine was an article that featured a Nativity Flameless Tealight Cover set.

Since then I've often visited her website, looking at her various patterns but always too afraid to try them.  Until now........

Armed with some white fleece, the Snowman Snowballs Set 2, a sewing and embroidery machine I set off to stitch out a couple of these snowballs that have haunted me for so long.  And now that I've completed these three I'm left scratching my head wondering why I was so afraid give them a try.

They're definitely a bit larger than I expected but that's okay.  Now I just need to decide if I want to make little hats for their heads or just leave them as they are.  I'm thinking I'll leave most of them as they are and when I get more made I'll look for a bucket that I can package some of them with and then just sell others individually.  In a town where we never see snow these are bound to be a hit. 😉


1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

OMWORD!! What took you so long to make these ADORABLE snowballs???? They are soooo flippin CUTE!! I could totally see some with fun hats too... Love them!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations