Dementor Soap

Today's project is a quick, easy, fun one that has absolutely nothing to do with the crafts that I typically create.  A while back I purchased a copy of The Unofficial Guide to Crafting the World of Harry Potter.  The reason for this was because I wanted to see how they made their wands, but then I found some other cool ideas that I wanted to try.   One of them was Dementor Soap.  

After reading how they made theirs and being taken back to the days when I homeschooled the older children, I quickly remembered using glycerin soap base when we made soap.  (We were using the Prairie Primer as our unit study and we used to make all sorts of fun things.)  So off to Hobby Lobby I went in search of the tools I would need for making my Dementor soap.

I picked up the rectangular mold, glycerin base and a rain liquid soap fragrance to add to the soap.  I scoured the aisle trying to find something that could be used for packaging and was sad that there was none to be found.

Once I arrived back home I pulled out some scraps of black fabric and cut out shapes in the form of a Dementor.  Following the directions for melting down the glycerin I added my scent and then poured a small amount into the molds.  I then set my Dementor in place and continued to fill the mold with soap.

When the soap was set I removed it from the molds and wrapped in saran wrap to protect it from the elements.  I really have to find a better way to package the soap but for my first attempt in some time I figured it would work.

Now I need to find other play "pretties" that I can add for variations on the Harry Potter theme.  You know like mini snakes for house Slytherin.  I think this could be really fun.  Especially for a Harry Potter fan themed bathroom.....

1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

This is so COOL!!! Love the soap...

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations