Happy Camper

Ladybugs and picnics, not necessarily the insect I expect to find at a picnic but when I look at this cutie all ready to pig out I'd much rather it be her.  😀  I found this adorable ladybug over at Marjorie Ann Designs and immediately knew she'd be a cute one to use for a card.  She's from the file Ladybug Picnic.

After I cut and pieced the ladybug together I was searching through my files and papers, trying to decide how I was going to lay out my card.  During the search through my paper stash I came across two different papers that I really wanted to use.  One was all ladybugs and the other was different insects but I thought they worked well together. 

Problem was that I'd already cut the papers to splice together with others and the two remaining pieces wouldn't fit together.  As I played around trying to figure out the hopeless puzzle I had another piece of the insect paper cut the same way that I turned around and that's when the light went off.  I would use all three papers and cross them over each other to create the look you now see on my card.

On the front of my card I stamped a row of ants walking across the bottom of the card.   They are from the Lawn Fawn stamp set titled Happy Summer.

The stamped sentiment at the top of my card is from the Cardz TV stamp set titled Summer Fun.

And now I'm off to enter my card into the following challenge:

Cut it Up - Picnic - Ends June 28th




3 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

So darn CUTE!!! Lovin' that sweet ladybug! Adorable card! Just wanted to wish you a very happy 4th of July! See ya when I get back from my trip!! Big Hugs! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

I love that moment when the light goes on and you see exactly what will work for your project! The design of your card reminds me of the back of an envelope!!

Very cute card. I love the adorable ladybug image and all the cute little ants marching across the bottom.

Thanks for sharing with us for our Picnic challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Gerda said...

This card is super cute!! Love the adorable ladybug!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com