Flying Keys

While we were in Alabama last week, my husband and I took a trip to Hanna Antiques, one of the antique flea malls in the area.  Not having been there before, we were quickly amazed at the items they had and decided it could be a dangerous place to shop.  However, we behaved ourselves since we were looking for specific things that we could use as 'fillers' in our Harry Potter collection.

For example, we came across several booths that had antique spectacles so we picked up a pair of those.  We also found a couple of skeleton keys which we quickly snatched, along with a candle snuffer to go with a courting candle we found at a different venue.


After arriving home from Alabama, I searched the Silhouette store looking for some wings that I thought would work for flying keys.  I found two files that I liked.  The first was a set of fairy wings. The second was actually a butterfly that I cut the wings from using the cutting tool in Silhouette.

I cut the wings from vellum and attached them to my keys using hot glue.  I then curled the wings a bit so that they weren't so flat and lifeless.



Since these keys are the real deal and not the 'decorative' type they're heavier.  So instead of trying to hang them from the ceiling I'm just going to place them on a shelf in my curio cabinet.

1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

WOW! More great Finds! You guys are so lucky to find all these amazing things... and you altering them is so cool... LOVE how everything turns out when your done! You really have the Knack for re-purposing stuff.... LOVE seeing what you do! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations