Sesame Street Party Prep


When your granddaughter turns one year old, and your daughter asks you to help get things made for party décor you do it.  And sometimes the good ol' Dollar Tree comes in rather handy for such an occasion.  My daughter stopped in the Dollar Tree by her house and had little success in finding the colored "bins" we needed for different characters.  However, when we stopped in the one by where she works we had better success.

Using files that were shared in one of my FB groups I turned these bins into different characters.  I'm not sure what all my daughter will put in these but I know at least some of them will be food holders.


While scouring Pintrest for other ideas I came across one using the Dr. Seuss book Happy Birthday to You! as a guest sign in book.  I loved this idea so much that I went in search of a similar book for Sesame Street.  You can imagine my excitement when I found the Happy Birthday!: A Birthday Party Book by Sesame Workshop.  

When I arrived back home from picking up the book I started searching for pictures I could use for the sign telling everyone to sign her book.  That's when I came across The Printable Party Shop.  This blog has free printables available for download and so I downloaded a couple of the items including this sign.  Well, actually it's an invitation but I altered it a bit and added the verbiage I needed to create the sign.

Now I just need to get the other items printed so we can finish putting it all together and then next week I'll share pictures with you showing how we set it all up.



1 comments:

Georgiana said...

Your Sesame Street characters made me smile. That is going to be one fun birthday!