Baking Spirits Bright

Yesterday I received the stamps that I ordered from Craftin Desert Divas and was so excited that I ran straight to my craft room and went looking for a cut that I wanted to use to make my first project.  This is what I came up with using the Holly Day Punnies stamp set.

This precious little gingerbread girl is from Too Cute By Jessica and is part of a set.  After cutting the file out I knew that I had to do something with that drippy, gooey frosting or batter that's on the spoon so I decided to coat it with some of my Tulip dimensional paint and then sprinkle on a tiny bit of Martha Stewart snow glitter.  While it didn't yield as much puffiness as I had hoped for it still turned out beautifully.

Running with that drippy goo I decided to use my Martha Stewart drippy goo punch and punch just underneath my stamped sentiment.  And since the sentiment is a pun take off from a line in Jingle Bells I decided to use Christmas themed sheet music as my background for the card, thus tying it all together.

And now I'm going to enter this card in to a couple of challenges this week including:

Hiding in My Craft Room - Christmas in July - Ends August 2nd


Exploring Cricut - Christmas in July - Ends August 2nd  (Thank goodness for my Cricut Explore so I can cut these cute SVG's and still use my favorite machine)


Red Carpet Studio - Music - Ends August 9th


13 comments:

DIANA L. said...

That is too cute I just love the gingerbread image and the sentiment is perfect. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



Lena said...

Congratulations Barbara!!! You are the winner of my Christmas in July blog hop.
Please email me(lenfon@msn.com) your address so that I can put the blog candy in the mail.
Once again, thank you so much for playing along with us and for becoming a follower of my blog. I've been looking through your blog and love, love your cards. I'm your newest follower!
Hugs,
Lena
Lena’s Creations

Unknown said...

oh my how cute is this... love what you did with the card, and the frosting.... Great card.
thanks for joining us over at HIMCR for the challenge this week.
Lisa
HIMCR DT
Ljcreation.blogspot.com

Liz O. said...

What an adorable Ginger person!!! Would love for you to come join us over at Exploring Cricut adn More: Xmas in July Challenge and hop http://exploringcricut.blogspot.com/2014/07/time-for-blog-hop-and-challenge.html
Have a wonderful day!

Cherished said...

Super cute. Thanks for playing at RCS.

Michelle N. said...

What an adorable card-love the sentiment and that drippy goo! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

Sharon said...

Oh my goodness!! This is totally adorable Barbara!! I so love this cute gingerbread girl. And I love how you did the frosting. Great sentiment, too!! Thank you so very much for joining our 'Christmas in July' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

Diane said...

This is so adorable!! Thanks for joining us this week at the Christmas in July challenge at Exploring Cricut and More.

Lisa said...

Oh my gosh, this is so absolutely adorable!! The sentiment is perfect!! The gingerbread girl is so cute!! What a fabulous card!! I love it!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

ScrappyHorses said...

What a cute little Gingerbread girl! Love her bow and the sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at Exploring Cricut and More!

Unknown said...

Gingers during Christmas is one of my fav's!! This is just darling.
Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Christmas In July“ Linky Party. New Linky Party
starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Nadine Carlier said...

Love that gingerbread girl! Thank you for playing along with us at Red Carpet Studio!

mum of two said...

How fabulous! Aren't they great stamps?!? I love the gingerbread guy! Thanks so much for
playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Christmas in July Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments