Eat Ice Cream

Welcome to the first Skittles Design Team Challenge.  All design team members will be featuring a variety of skittles handmade by the wonderful Carri over at DoubleClick Connections.  Each challenge will also have a theme and our first one is all about ice cream.  What better way to celebrate National Ice Cream Month?

For my project I used the Cricut Cartridge Sweet Treats.  The cone was embossed using one of my cuttlebug folders to give it that waffle cone look.  For the ice cream I smeared a little glitter dimensional fabric paint over the cut, sprinkled with a smidge of green glitter tinsel and then used my heat gun to dry it all together.  Once dried I added a couple of the summer release skittles in Grinch Green, Caramel and Purple.

Now that you've seen my card for the challenge be sure to check out the other wonderful designs our team has put together.  Then after you've been amply inspired, create your own, link up and play along with us.

Remember the challenge ends August 5th and you are not required to use skittles but you are required to use ice cream..........

As for me, I'm going to enter this in the Anything Goes challenge over at Die Cuttin Divas.

6 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Your ice cream looks too yummy to eat.... Pretty sprinkles on it!

DIANA L. said...

YUMMY!! love the ice cream image and what you did with the skittles. Have a Blessed day, DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com



abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Eating ice-cream + keep calm... the perfect combo! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!
<a

Georgiana said...

Yum Yum!

Anonymous said...

Hey Barbara!! I love how your ice cream is dripping off of the cone. So realistic. I love how the skittle is going right along with it. Truly creative.

CA Scrapper said...

Your card is so pretty. Love the sentiment!

Leslie