Sweets of the Season

Well we've made to hump day everyone!  Today I'd like to share another Christmas in July card with you.  This one I made using an adorable gingerbread man from My Little Scraps of Heaven Designs.  When I cut this little cutie out for whatever reason my machine did not like my paper and kinda chewed up the trim pieces.  Problem was I had already cleared the file before I checked all my cuts and I had no idea what 'size' I had cut my file.  

So what did I do?  I rose to the challenge.  I grabbed my bottle of Tulip glitter dimensional paint and I painted on that trim.  After letting it dry it might not be as white as the original trim would have been but now I think my gingerbread man has a bit more character than he might have originally.

My sentiment that you see up in the top corner is from the Winter Candies stamp set over at Jaded Blossom.  

And now I'm running off to enter this little fella in to the following Christmas in July challenges:

Hiding in my Craft Room - ends July 26th (Laurie also has a blog hop going on this week with her DT showcasing their Christmas in July projects and it's all complete with blog candy)

Craftin' Desert Divas - ends August 3rd (Tara is also in the middle of a stamp release sneak peek 'party' that I promise you don't want to miss.  I know I'm anxious for the full release this Friday because there's some must haves on my list that I'll be grabbing.)


Die Cuttin Divas - ends July 28th

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely adorable!! That little guy is so cute!! I love the trim you added - awesome solution!! Thanks so much for playing along at Craftin Desert Divas!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
CDD DT
A Mermaid's Crafts

L.B. said...

love his nose so much. Thanks for joining us at DCD

Migdalia said...

Way Too cute!
Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas Linky Party.
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
*Crafting With Creative M*

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I love your cute little gingerbread man! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Christmas in July Linky Party. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Diva DT)
Purple Monkey Moments

Georgiana said...

Thanks for sharing at Craftin' Desert Divas for our Christmas in July Linky.

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •