Daily Grind

 
I don't know about you, but there are just days where I do not want to "adult".  Hmmm, as I type that I think about how I need a stamp that says something like that.   Then I remember that I have a Silhouette Mint and can make one.  Sounds like another project coming up.
 
In the meantime though....As I sit here this morning with my cup of coffee beside me I realize how tired I am from the week's events and all I want to do go back to bed.  Then I think, thank goodness for that cup of coffee beside me.  Now I'm not as big a coffee fan as some of my kids but I still love a good cup.  So when I see a fun cut file or stamp set related to coffee I must have it.
 
Today's card combines a fun cut file called Mornings are Brewtal from Treasure Box Designs and a sentiment from the Cardz TV Stamps set titled Brew HaHa.
 
Since this is a coffee drinking themed card I thought it would be fun to turn it into a gift card holder of sorts.  Remember how I said I love a good cup of coffee?  Well sometimes when I go to Starbucks or Dunkin Donuts I'll hold on to the coffee sleeves.  After all there has to be something that they can be recycled into. 
 
 
Here I've recycled one from Starbucks into my gift card holder, and used the title from the cut file to cover the verbiage on the sleeve.
 
And with that I am off to enter my card into the Hot Drink Challenge over at Cut it Up.  Challenge ends February 8th.

4 comments:

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

It's so cool when you can recycle something into something great! Your card is adorable. I like the background paper and that lady looks just like me, although I don't have bunny slippers (wish I did!!)

Anyway, thanks for joining us for our Hot Drink challenge at Cut it Up. Stay warm! :)

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

snappy scrappy said...

Too cute!

Scrapper69 said...

Hi Barbara! Sorry I've been MIA lately - hurt my wrist at work over a week ago and it's just now starting to do a little better - thought I would try & play blogger catch up - only leaving one comment because I don't want to make my wrist worse... trying to take it easy on it! :) Your card is adorable & I love how you up cycled the starbucks sleeve into your gift card holder - FUN idea! And I gotta say.. I'm totally jealous of ALL the amazing things you've been decorating with your Embroidery Machine! Love seeing them!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations

Gerda said...

This card is so adorable!! Love it!!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge! Have a great day.
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com