Potter Wall Art

 
Off and on for years now I have been looking at alcohol inks but have always been too afraid to give them a try.  That is until now.  Admittedly I'm not even sure why I was too afraid to try them because they were so easy to use.  Not only that but if I didn't like the way the glass looked I could wipe the ink off with rubbing alcohol and start all over again.  Have I lured you in yet?  😉
 
 
In all honesty I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into so I decided that I would buy picture frames from the Dollar Tree.  That way if I didn't like the way things turned out I wouldn't be out much money. 
 
 
After scouring the aisle with all the inks I settled on purchasing the alcohol ink kit.  This way I'd have not only the ink but also the little stamping tool.  The kit also includes some glossy paper you can play with as well as a stamp set.  But since I have other plans I set the paper and stamp set off to the side.
 
 
Before I began this alcohol ink on glass endeavor though I watched a couple of youtube videos.  Just search for alcohol ink on glass.  There are all kinds of videos out there - even some that use fire in the process. 
 
 
At first I was going to try the method using fire so I went outside to the porch, and there I created my masterpieces.  The inks did not take very long to dry but since I was going to place cardstock behind them I let them sit overnight to cure.  After that I chose several files that were shared in my FB groups, cut them from vinyl and then adhered the vinyl to the front of the glass.
 
 
The only exception to this is the center picture which was created using a scanned and printed section from the Tales of the Beedle Bard book.
 
And now I'm off to enter my project into the following challenges:
 
Die Cuttin Divas - Animals - Ends February 26th
 
DL Art - February Linky Challenge - Ends February 28th

3 comments:

snappy scrappy said...

AMAZING!

Scrapper69 said...

The backgrounds look amazing! Isn't it great we have You Tube to help us with these NEW projects we try out! :) I've seen a few videos myself.. but still not sure I want to mess with them - instead I just ordered the NEW Tim Holtz Oxide Ink Pads... I don't know what I'm getting myself into... but we shall see! LOL I think you -tube videos can be BAD Enablers like our crafty friends are! Hahahaha Have a great weekend!

Theresa

Esther said...

Love what you've done with the inks and frames!
Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!