Sympathy Cards

This past Saturday was a difficult day for our family as we suffered not one, but two deaths in the family just hours apart from each other. 
 
If you're like me sympathy cards are always the hardest cards to make and definitely not something I keep on hand.  As I sat down to create these two I was even surprised to find that for the 100+ stamp sets I have only one had phrases that were sympathy in nature - Simply Said by Craftin Desert Divas.
 
My first card, the Sunset Card, is from My Scrap Chic.  I love the simplistic beauty and peacefulness that this card brings.  To add to it I used a couple of different embossing folders from my stash and then finished it off by using purple twilight colored skittles from DoubleClick Connections.
 
 
The second card is a Lori Whitlock Card Flower Kit from the Silhouette Design Store.  This one you'd think would be easy to put together but I was back and forth so many times trying to decide what papers I wanted to use.  In the end I chose several papers from the SEI New Day and Desert Springs collections.   On this one I decided to use an orange skittle to help the center of the flower pop.
 
And now I'm not even sure how to end my post.  I think I've re-written it about 4 or 5 times now.  So I'll just end it by saying thanks for stopping by.....

3 comments:

Georgiana said...

Both are very pretty, but I like the way you made the scene in the first one.

snappy scrappy said...

FAB designs!

Lena said...

So sorry for you loss and that of your family's. Your cards are beautiful, Barbara. I, too, struggle to make sympathy cards and always get caught off guard when I need one. I don't keep any on hand either. Take care and God Bless.
Big hugs ~ Lena