Buddy Boo Tee

I am very excited to share today's project with you.  Months ago when my hubby surprised me with a new embroidery machine I was determined to learn how to embroider clothes.  We took several free classes to learn about stabilizers, threads, applique and so on.  (Yes, hubby sat in those classes with me.)  We even did a bit of internet research and stumbled upon a product called JT Hoop It Up.

JT Hoop It Up, is an embroidery accessory that assists with embroidering on baby onesies and small children's tee shirts.  Perfect!  Just what I need and we purchased one for my 5x7 and one for my 6x10 frame.  I watched a couple of their videos showing how to use the frame and despite my best attempts I ruined two articles of clothing and said no more.

Until now!  I decided it was time to brave the waters again.  Only this time I wanted to start 'small'.  And now that I've discovered Thanks4thAdventure I can do that with her wonderful sketches.

I pulled out an 18 month sized tee from my stash (blank purchased from Hobby Lobby) and opted to use the Sully's Buddy Boo file from Thanks4theAdventure.  At first I was very nervous and I repositioned and re-adhered my shirt to the JTHoop several times.   Finally I decided it was now or never, lowered the needle and told my machine to start embroidering.

I am excited to report that my shirt stitched out beautifully!  Not even one pucker, and I could not be any happier.  Guess this means I'll be doing more clothes.  😀

0 comments: