Team Quidditch

Last week I decided to give embroidering on clothes another try.  After the successful turnout of my Boo Sketch I thought I'd be brave and go one step further and try an easy applique.  Only it wasn't that easy.  At least not for me.  I even enlisted the help of my JT Hoop It Up and still had difficulties getting my small shirt in place without shifting on me.
 
It took three attempts to get my shirt set and ready, and as much as I wanted to just give up I refused to do so.  In the end I won out and was able to create this fun Harry Potter Quidditch tee.
 
For this shirt I used the Harry Potter One applique from Appliques with Character.  At first I thought about putting the design on the back of the shirt.  That way it would look like a sports team shirt, but then I thought that since this was for a small child I'd be okay with it on the front.
 
The fabric I used for the applique is one that I found at Joann's and while it was still available in my local store this past weekend I was unable to find it listed on their website.  Instead they have some new designs that I did not see in my local store.  Guess that's how it goes sometimes but I sure do wish they would let you buy it online and ship it to you like they do other fabrics.  Oh well, I guess that just means I'll have to keep my eyes open next time I'm there.

1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

This is really cool Barbara! LOVE the design with the image in it... neat!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations