Troll Mine


Well it's Monday, and that means that play time is over for most of us as we prepare to begin another work week.  Hopefully you had a good weekend.  I spent mine hanging out with my baby sister on Saturday.  Then Sunday we spent time with our daughter and granddaughter.  In between all that I did get a bit of crafting done.
 
Today I want to share with you one of the cards I made yesterday.  I had a lot of fun playing around with this one and I'm pleased with the turn out.  For this card I used the recently released You're My Treasure - Trolls file by Marjorie Ann Designs.  This wonderful file has four different trolls and all just as cute as can be.
 
The mine background is a digi stamp called Mine Digital Stamp, and it's from Craftin' Desert Divas.  Now I'm not great at coloring and even though I have all these Spectrum Noir stamps I decided to color this stamp a bit different.  For this go round I opened the stamp in my paint program and added the colors.  I then opened it in another photo editor to change it up a bit (unfortunately I do not have Photoshop) until I was satisfied.  To get the background the size that I wanted for my card, I inserted into Word and changed up the size then printed on a piece of white cardstock.
 
The sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom Stamp set titled Sweet Travels.
 
To finish off my card I used a couple of slate colored skittles from DoubleClick Connections in the top corner.
 
And since I haven't done a challenge in a while I thought it would be fun to enter this one into the Fun Day Friday Challenge at Jo's Scrap Shack.

2 comments:

Joyce Tompkins said...

This has to be one of the cutest cards I have ever seen! Everything about it is adorable. Thanks for joining Fun~day Friday at Jo's Scrap Shack.
Joyce, DT
www.JoycesCreativeCrafts.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

Glad you got some family time in! That's always nice... Your card is super duper CUTE! LOVE the neat background you made....

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations