Springtime Flour Sack Towels

This past weekend I was determined to begin learning my embroidery software, Embrilliance.  Shortly after purchasing it I learned how to turn my embroidery files into SVGs so that I could cut my fabric for the appliques.  However, I quickly decided that while that was cool, I didn't really like it because I was having difficulty in placing the pieces perfectly for stitching down.  Since then I haven't really played with it much.
 
This weekend I opened the software, determined to learn how to merge files and/or use fonts.  And learn how to use fonts I did.  At first I was upset because I thought I was going to have to open the file for every letter separately.  But then I accidentally learned how to import my fonts and I was so excited!
 
After figuring out how to import fonts it was time to play around with using them.  Using the Snow White sketch from Thanks4theAdventure I found a quote from Snow White that I thought would work for a kitchen towel.  The font I used on this one though was pre-loaded with my software.
 
Then I wanted to play around with this Spring Bonnet Girl applique from Stinkin' Cute Applique.  I was very excited when I saw this applique because Marjorie Ann Designs had recently released this same Spring Bonnet Girl as an SVG file and I absolutely loved her.  Now I can have fun creating little housewarming gifts by combining the two.  (If you haven't seen the card I created you can view it here.)  For this towel, I used the Oceanside font from Applique Corner to stitch out the Bible verse.
 
This was my first time stitching on flour sack towels and I think they both turned out pretty good.  What do you think?

0 comments: