Hello Gorgeous

Happy Monday everyone.  I'm not sure that I'm ready for Monday, but it's here nonetheless.  And today I'm excited to share this card with you.  I made it using one of the mermaids from the Sea Princess file by Marjorie Ann Designs.
 
It's been a bit since I've made a "scene" card rather than followed a sketch and I guess that's why I'm excited for this one.  Well that and all the fun elements/textures I've added. 
 
For the mermaids hair I embossed the pieces with a design that would add a flourish as if it were waves.  The sand on the bottom of the ocean floor, as well as the rocks, were created using sandpaper.  Finally, instead of cutting bubbles, I decided to add stream colored skittles from DoubleClick Connections in their place.
 
The stamped sentiment is from the Cardz TV Stamps set titled Favorite Phrases.  This was fun too.  Rather than stamping it in a straight line I wanted to do something different and stamp it around the curve of the mermaid's tailfin.  So I gently set the stamp on my block so that it would stamp that way.  Took a couple of changes to the curve to get it right but it was worth it.

1 comments:

Scrapper69 said...

Oh how SWEET! CA-UUTE Mermaid card... LOVE the background!

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations