First Halloween Project of the Year

Today I thought I was going to take a break from challenges and then I remembered the Freestyle challenge going on over at Hiding in My Craft Room.  Yippee!  That means I can create a project I've been dying to make.  For example, this Jack O Lantern I found over at SVG Cuts.  It's part of the new Haunted Forest set and if you haven't purchased this one yet you are missing out.  My husband loves Halloween.  It's his favorite holiday.  As for me, well I could do without it.  But because my husband loves it I have started getting in to the Halloween mode.  Oh, and I admit most of the projects I've worked on are fun.  Perhaps that's because I create with him in mind though.
 
So back to my Jack O Lantern.  I cut this file out at the sizes indicated with the pattern and it made an 8" tall Jack O Lantern.  (To the tip of the hat)  I wanted to embellish the hat but didn't really have a lot of supplies on hand to do so.  I did find some ribbon that worked well and I had a couple of Halloween buttons that I used.  Here's a close up of the flower.
 
 
 
See the skeleton crawling inside?
 
I added a flameless tea light candle inside and it made for a wonderful piece.  Yeah, I think I'll be making a few more of these.....
 
 
This kit actually comes with other fun projects including a haunted house, couple of cards and a witch's hat treat box.
 

3 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG your pumpkin turned out wicked awesome WOW you really did one super outstanding creative job!!
and Yep....way to go getting into the Hubbs fav holiday....WOOT WOOT!

ScrappyHorses said...

This is really fun! I like it unlit, but when it's lit it is really spectacular! The flower really adds to the look!

Jenscrapstoo said...

WOW what a great project, I can see why you wanted to make it, and it is fantastic!! Thanks for being part of the Blogiversary and joining us at Hiding in my Craft Room
Cheers Jennie DTM
Jenscrapstoo