Some Gave All

Thank goodness for the weekend!  For the second time this week we had prank callers in the middle of the night and it was not fun.  So thank goodness it's the weekend and that meant being able to sleep in - even if was for only an extra hour.
 
Before I get up and start my weekend routine I wanted to share a card with you that I started working on last night and just finished this morning.  I've mentioned before about how I come from a family of many service members from different branches of the military.  Well today's card is one of appreciation for those service members - whether in my family or not.  They sacrifice so much for us and I want them to know that I appreciate them.
 
For this particular card I used one of the bears from the Loving Memory Bear file over at Kadoodle Bug Designs.  The stamped sentiment is from the Say It Big set over at Craftin Desert Divas.
 
The card sketch used is one that is actually a current challenge being hosted by Craftin Desert Divas as well and I will be entering this card in that challenge.  If you haven't checked it out yet you should - it's a lot of fun and the possibilities are endless.
 
Challenges that I'm entering this card in are:

Hiding in My Craft Room - Freestyle - Ends August 16th
 
 
KBD Challenges on FB - Bears - Ends August 21st

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so beautiful!! I love the sweet bear!! The stars and stripes are awesome!! What a fabulous card!! Love it!! Thanks so much for linking up at CDD!! Have a great weekend :)

Lisa
CDD DT
A Mermaid's Crafts

Lena said...

Aww, what a beautiful and sweet card. Love it!
Thanks for joining in the fun at Hiding in My Craft Room.
Lena – DT
xxx
Lena’s Creations

Sue's Paper Crafts said...

Beautiful card, the bear is so cute. Thank you for joining us this week at HIMCR.

Sue - HIMCR DT
http://suek86401.blogspot.com/

Georgiana said...

Thanks for sharing at Craftin' Desert Diva this week! So glad you tried my sketch! You did fabulous!

Stay Creative,
Georgiana
• Carson's Creations •
Craftin' Desert Diva DT

mum of two said...

How fabulous! I love the bear, and the patterned paper is wonderful. Thanks so much for
playing with us this week at Craftin Desert Divas Sketch Challenge. Hope to see you again soon :)

michelle (Craftin Desert Divas DT)
Purple Monkey Moments