Santa Treat Box

I realize I'm a day late in posting my final Christmas in July project, but what can I say? Sometimes I'm slow but I always get there.

This cute little treat box was found over at My Scrap Chick and one of the things that I LOVE about her files is that she tells you in the file name what size to cut the project.  Pure genius if you ask me.  That way I'm not left guessing what size my layers, etc. need to be in order to fit correctly.  So thank you My Scrap Chick and Cricut for creating the Explore so that I can finally cut all these wonderful SVG files.

Back to my project.  I wanted a bit of texture to help break up all the white trim and such so I embossed Santa's beard and mustache.  The "fur" trim pieces to Santa's outfit were coated with some Martha Stewart Carrara Marble glitter.  Ink up the edges a little, put it all together and add some yummy chocolate with sentiments stamped from Cardz TV Stamps Very Merry.

Now to go enter this in to the following challenges before they end:


UPDATE:  My treat box was chosen as a showcase winner for this challenge at Die Cuttin Divas.


9 comments:

Got2BCrafting said...

Your Santa is as cute as can be! Fabulous job!
Thanks for for joining the CDD Christmas in July Linky Party.
~ DT Lori

Diane said...

Fantastic and I love My Scrap Chick too and have lots of her files. Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut and More.

ScrappyHorses said...

This is adorable! Santa handing out treats; now, that's just perfect! Love the embossing and marble glitter; they add so much texture! I like the way you wrapped your candies, too!

Michelle N. said...

What a cute project! Love the embossing on the beard, and that Santa is adorable! Thanks for joining us at Exploring Cricut & More this week!

Unknown said...

I love treat boxes and this one is no exception. So so cute!!

Thank you so much for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas “Christmas In July“ Linky Party. New Linky Party
starts Monday hope you will join us again!!

Tara
Craftin Desert Diva's

Gerda said...

What a fabulous treat box!! Love the embossing!!! Thanks for joining us at DCD this week!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Sharon said...

Fabulous treat box Barbara!!! I love the embossing and glittery goodness. I love My Scrap Chick's treat boxes, too. Thank you so very much for joining our 'Christmas in July' challenge at Exploring Cricut and More!!!! :)

Dr Sonia S V said...

Love your cutie Santa
Cheers
Dr Sonia
Cards Crafts Kids Projects

Shelly said...

Oh this is sooooo cute!! I love this treat box!!

Thank you for joining us at Craftin Desert Divas!!
Shelly