Fluttering By

Today I have a friendship card I'd like to share with you.  As you can tell I have once again followed one of the challenge sketches I found this week.  I can't help it as this particular sketch has been so awesome in helping me think outside the box when it comes to choosing my background papers.  Never would I have thought to lay my cards out in this manner and I love it. 
 
I also changed up the sketch just a bit as well.  After all it's all in how you interpret the sketch right?  Well I decided to angle my papers in the opposite direction.  For some reason I like this way more.  I also swapped around the sentiment and the embellishments.  I placed my sentiment at the bottom and the embellishments at the top. 
 
For this card I used this cute little butterfly from the Disney Classics cartridge and George for my circle.  The stamped sentiment is from the Lil Bit Buggy set over at Craftin Desert Divas.  And the skittles are some that I found at Michael's in the dollar bin.  They had several colors - blue, clear, green, yellow and purple.
 
Now I'm off to enter this card into the following challenges:
 
 
 
Hiding in My Craft Room - Keep it Simple Sweetie - Ends August 16th

UPDATE:  My card was chosen as one of the Design Team's top 5 over at Fantabulous Cricut Challenge.  What an honor!

2 comments:

Georgiana said...

What a neat butterfly. Thanks for using my sketch from Die Cuttin' Divas!

Tina H said...

This is darling! I love this little butterfly and good job with the sketch. The papers are just perfect. I rarely do sketch challenges because they seem hard. Maybe I'll give it a try. You make it look fun :)