Hopping By

Easter is only a month away so I thought I'd get started on some Easter projects.  Today I'd like to share a card I made using the recently released Ginger Loves Easter set. 
 
If you've followed my blog over the past year or so you have probably noticed that I am a sucker for Marjorie Ann Designs' gingers.  There's not a single ginger that doesn't scream out "make me! make me!".   😀 
 
For this ginger, I decided to use a card sketch that I've only used once before (and that time it was an Easter card too).  I thought it would be perfect to showcase this svg design and I think that it did so beautifully.
 
Now I will admit that when I decided to use this particular card blank I had no idea that I was going to be in for some trouble.  (Guess that'll teach me that all deals are really deals.)  After putting my card together and adding my sentiment I noticed that the ink was not drying.  I let it sit as I always do, but it still smudged after several minutes of dry time.  That meant I had to add some extra elements to my card that I did not originally anticipate.
 
My sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom stamp set Honey Bunny.  As you can see I ended up stamping it onto a piece of regular cardstock and then adhered it to the card.  I also added some blue skittles from DoubleClick Connections to finish it off.
 
So while these elements weren't planned for my card everything turned out okay in the end.....