Superhero

 
Tomorrow is my first Spartan Race of the season.  And while I won't be able to do many of them this year, this one always holds a special place in my heart.  Not only is it my first race every season but it's one I run every year with my oldest daughter and this year one of my son's will be running it with us as well.  I hear a lot of people say they couldn't run a race like this but I'm here to tell you that if people that are blind, missing arms/legs and all other sorts of 'health' issues can do it anyone can. 
 
Knowing that I'll see adaptive athletes out there on the course tomorrow I thought it fitting to end this week with a superhero project.
 
So today, I'm sharing a Superhero card I created using the Little Heroes set from Marjorie Ann Design.  My boys have always had a thing for superheroes, and some of the still do to this day so I find myself drawn to them. 
 
The sentiment on my card is from the Jaded Blossom stamp set Super Hero 2.  And as I often do these days, I added some skittles to my card.  These are the stream color from DoubleClick Connections.
 
Not only that but I found this great applique to match over at Stinkin Cute Applique.  This one is called Little Superhero 2.  Like the other appliques I've stitched from Stinkin Cute this one was easy and fun to put together.  And I love how he turned out. 
 
Together this combo will make a fun baby shower gift for any mom who's expecting a little boy.

1 comments:

Chantal said...

Super cute.
Hugs, Chantal S