Some Bunny Special

 
This Easter will be my granddaughter's first Easter, and we can't be more excited.    So of course being the grandma that I am I had to sit down and make an outfit for her.  I didn't want anything fancy - after all Ocean is a beach and sand baby.  (In case you couldn't tell by the name)  For that reason I wanted simple and cute.
 
Using one of the cap sleeve dress blanks from Hobby Lobby I chose to applique the dress with the Easter Bunny Applique from Stinkin' Cute Applique.   Okay, well, I didn't choose.  My daughter did.  I sent her pictures of a few different bunny designs and this was the one she settled on.
 
My daughter also loves to put headbands on Ocean.  Not the ones with the bows as big as her head, but the small, simple ones.  And they look great on her.  So with that in mind I had to make this adorable bunny ear headband I found over at the Applique Corner to go with the dress.  To ensure that the two went together I used the same fabric for the Easter basket on the dress as I did for the headband.
 
 
But wait, that's not all.  😁  I also made an Easter card that matches with her outfit.  That's right.  Marjorie Ann Designs has an SVG file titled You're Eggstra Sweet that compliments the applique.  Pretty nifty, huh?
 
The stamped sentiment on the card is from the Jaded Blossom stamp set titled Honey Bunny.
 
Yep, I just love it when my crafting passions can collide so wonderfully.....

2 comments:

teachdanz said...

oh my gosh that is so adorable!! congrats on being a Grandma!! and enjoy this special season of life ;)

Scrapper69 said...

LOVE the head band.. it's adorable and so is the cute dress.. the applique looks fab and really dresses it up.. the card that's matches is so perfect! great gift set for your grand daughter.. :) She will appreciate all you do for her when she's older! :)

Theresa
Theresa’s Crafty Creations